- Start Distribution: Saturday, October 2, 2021
- Finish Distribution By: Sunday, October 10, 2021 (or until all are done)
Questions: Text or call Dennis at 248-629-0852
- Walk lists are split between even and odd sides of the street. You can go up a street on one side and then come back down the other, or you and a partner can go up opposite sides of the road.
- The lists are designed to be folded in half.
- The door hangers must never touch the mailbox. This is federal law.
- You can ignore no soliciting signs. Campaigns are exempt from "soliciting."
- If a sign says no handbills or politics, honor it and do not leave anything.
- If you are uncomfortable with a property, don’t go on it.
- If there is a For Sale sign, skip the house.
- If there is a screen door or a normal door with no screen door and you can leave the hanger on it, put it there.
- You cannot put it on a mailbox, but you can put it on the newspaper hooks under a mailbox.
- You can also hang it on a railing.
- If you can’t hang it, place it under something like a doormat.
- (Optional) I don't open screen doors because it slows me down too much, but if there is no way to hang it on something or put it under something, and the screen door is unlocked, open the screen door and hang it on the door handle. Never open the screen door if the interior door is already open.
- If there is no where else to put it, just put it on the ground.
- You do not need to mark anything on the sheets.
- If you have a yellow campaign t-shirt, please to wear it. If you don't have one, wear the brightest yellow you own.
- I recommend going out in daylight hours to not scare people.
- Wear comfortable shoes, dress in layers, and bring water.
- Bring a bag to carry the hangers. We use messenger style bags with great success.
- Return any extras to me when you are done (2411 Earlmont).
- If you finish and have more time, please check in to see if there is more available.
Door Hanging Examples
Levered handles are the easiest to hang on.
Start with the hanger upside down for open-bottom handles.
You can sometimes get the hanger to stay on a thumb latch.
While you can't put it on a mailbox, you can use the newspaper hook under a mailbox.
Use a doormat, or if necessary just leave it on the ground.
It's okay to open a screen door to put it on a door handle (but you don't have to if that makes you uncomfortable).