I was able to attend the Open House on the 12 Mile Road Project this morning. If you are able to attend, I recommend it as they have a large map that is very good and would be hard to replicate online. If you can’t go, below are some updates and a summary of the project.
- They will maintain pedestrian and business access.
- Two way car traffic will largely be maintained.
- Between Greenfield and Ellwood will be closed for up to 28 days for full reconstruction, starting approximately July.
- There will be other, occasional, short duration lane closures.
- Starting around June they will work on the southern lanes.
- They will then start work on the northern lanes.
- The duration of the project is largely weather dependent.
- They will be redoing all of the side street approaches.
- They will be done in a staggered fashion so you are never more than two streets away from an open side street.
If you have questions, contact the Road Commission Department of Customer Services
Do you like this post?