Need Help with Taxes?

Are you worried about paying your taxes? The city, county and state all provide options to help.


Hardship Exemptions

See the section on "Defer Your Taxes."

Contact Bryan Bemis at the City's Treasury office at [email protected] or 248-658-3316 for more details.

The city is also trying to see if they can allow for payment plans instead of requiring a lump sum.


Tax Foreclosure Prevention

You can contact the county at 248-858-0611 or [email protected].

You can also reach out to Councilmember Ross Gavin who works in the Treasurer's Office: [email protected].


Step Forward Mortgage Assistance and Hardest Hit Blight Program

Homeowners can apply online at or call 866-946-7432.

If you know someone that is not online but may need assistance, please print and share this with them.



If you know of any other programs I have missed, please let me know and I'll added them to the list.