Ordinances on marijuana and conversion therapy, and rules changes to increase transparency were items decided at Monday's council meeting.
There were two city council meetings last night. Swearing in of the recently elected members (https://youtu.be/SauSFxgvRH4), then the main meeting (below).
- Recognition for retiring council member Eileen Steadman for her long service to the city,
- Passage of first reading of an ordinance to prevent Conversion Therapy with minors, and
- Passage of the first reading of the Marijuana Licensing Ordinance for 3 locations for both medical and recreation retail sales.
For me, I am grateful to council for approving my proposed rules changes so we can increase transparency with residents:
- Our paper of record is now the Woodward Talk so many more people will see upcoming notices, and
- Most proposed ordinances must be made available to everyone in the community for review one week before the first meeting they are considered.