Contained in this edition...
- More Tree Grants
- November 2nd Election
- Council Meeting Update
- 2021 Halloween Map
- Upcoming Events
- Other News Resources
The city received a $13,000 grant for planting more street trees. This is in addition to the $4,000 grant received last month.
The grant is part of a coordinated regional effort to use trees to help slow the inflow of water into our combined sewers and reduce flooding and sewer backups.
Through an increased budget and the grants, the city will be planting around 300 new trees this season compared to the normal 100 or so trees that are planted.
If you want a street tree, they are provided for free, but the current waiting list is over 400 people long. See the city's forestry page for information and the link to sign up.
The city council and (uncontested) mayoral election is on Tuesday, November 2nd. Absentee ballots were sent out Thursday, September 23rd. If you want an absentee ballot or have any other questions, you can check out the City Clerk's Election Information page.
I have less than 10 yard signs left! Sign up now to get one of the last ones. A volunteer will drop of the sign and then will pick it up after the election - there is nothing for you to do.
If you signed up but haven't received your yard sign yet, please contact me.
In case you missed it, I wrote a summary of the September 20th Council Meeting. The meeting included authorization for a new city website and branding, upcoming Berkley businesses and events, and a handful of financial items.
- BOO!KLEY Nights downtown for the entire month of October.
- Several library programs including Outdoor Story Time on Tuesdays at Jaycee Park.
- Tale on the Trail at Jaycee Park, Thursday, October 21st, 6:00 to 7:15pm.
- Parks and Pumpkins, Thursday October 7th, 3:30 to 5pm.
- City Council meetings on October 4, October 18, and November 15.
- Planning Commission Meetings on October 26 and November 23. The Master Plan Public Hearing will be on October 26th and this is one of your last opportunities to comment on the plan!
- A Zoning Board of Appeals Meeting is tentatively scheduled for November 8. There is no October meeting.
- More events are on the City Calendar.